Hartford, Connecticut.- Muchos pueblos de Connecticut han ordenado EVACUACION OBLIGATORIA por las inundaciones que traera el huracán Sandy, que se espera traiga una mega tormenta.
El Gobernador Malloy ha ya pedido al presidente Barack Obama ayuda, ya que el número de evacuaciones excederá los 360.000 habitantes de al menos cuatro condados del estado de Connecticut.
Información proporcionada por el Estado de Connecticut.
West Haven ha ordenado evacuación obligatoria para muchas areas bajas.
- Everything along Ocean Avenue and Captain Thomas Boulevard on the beach side
- Everything south of Park Street
- Everything south of White Street from Peck to First Avenue.
Mayor Ben Blake issued an evacuation order for residents in coastal areas of Milford. Vehicles must be moved to higher ground.
Fairfield First Selectman Michael Tetreau issued a mandatory evacuation for a three-mile area near the town's beach beginning at noon on Sunday, but they have expanding the evacuation area to south of the Oldfield/Old Post Road. Residents should plan to be gone from their homes for several days.
"We need to complete evacuations before nightfall when wind and rain begin to strengthen," Tetra said.
He urged residents in the beach area to begin a voluntary evacuation early on Sunday and people should expect to stay away from the area for several days, he said.
Fairfield will open an emergency shelter at Ladle High School at 785 Unquote Road beginning at noon on Sunday. People will be allowed to bring their pets to the shelter. You can view the flood zone map here.
Bridgeport has ordered families out of low-lying areas also starting at noon on Sunday.
- If you live in the East Side or East End please go to: Jettie Tisdale School, 275 Hollister Avenue.
- If you live in the South End, please go to: Geraldine Johnson School, 475 Lexington Avenue.
- If you live in the West Side, West End or Black Rock please go to: Cesar Batalla School, 606 Howard Avenue.
The following streets encompass the mandatory evacuation area:
- Southern Broad Street- East to the Harbor
- Seaside Village
- Marina Village
- Bostwick Avenue at Osbourne to the south including, Morris and Anthony Streets